Cat care products are the best investments that a pet owner can make toward the maintenance of health in their domestic felines. These products provide for good nutrition, good sleep and other aspects of the good life where cats are concerned obviously.
But since you are neither a cat nor a human with the ability to communicate with cats, you may have a hard time choosing which of these products will be best for your pet. Well, wonder no more as the following tips can help in separating the good from the bad in these products.
Obviously, the most important cat care products that every owner must always have in stock are a wide variety of cat food. We say wide variety because it is always a good idea to alternate wet and dry cat food as well as add a few treats to the daily menu. Never ever feed your pet cat with table scraps if you want to protect its health.
The things to look for in cat food are:
- Age-appropriate food (i.e., kittens, adults and seniors)
- Approved by the Association of American Food Control Officials
- Recommended by the veterinarian
- Manufactured using high-quality ingredients and in balanced quantities
You must ask the veterinarian about the appropriate amounts and frequency of cat food to be provided to your pet. Special conditions like underlying medical disorders, physical condition and breed characteristics will contribute to changes in the normal diet.
Many first-time owners may see no need for cat care products like cat beds mainly because of the notion that a few old bedding’s are sufficient for the purpose. But this should not be so since health problems can arise from inappropriate bedding such as the presence of fleas, mites and other parasites.
When looking for a cat bed, we suggest the following desirable features:
- Bedding materials must provide for warmth and comfort since a cat needs all the help it can have to maintain body heat. The bedding’s must also be washable while also drying quickly, which will discourage the growth of mold and fungus.
- Size of the cat bed must be sufficient for the cat to move in but still provide for the feeling of being in a burrow. A cup-style bed is best.
Of course, it is important to look for durable materials in your preferred design. But always remember that comfort is always the most important quality in a cat bed.
Yet another of the cat care products that an owner must never be without is the cat carrier. This is the invaluable equipment in house training and in traveling, hence, their must-have status among pet owners.
When buying the cat e are the most desirable features:
- Made from durable materials and parts
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use and must be compliant with the rules regarding air travel with animals
- Lightweight but stable (tip-proof)
- Secure closure mechanisms
There are other cat care products, of course, including grooming products like combs and brushes, training products like vests and harnesses and nutritional products like supplements. But if you can purchase the above mentioned three products, then you are well on your way to responsible pet ownership.